For Sage 50 Accounting 2014, there are new modifications to the Sage 50 Remote Activation Application. The application will assist support analysts with troubleshooting a failure to activate the software. The application can run as a standalone process and provides help with retrieving/applying the Pervasive key, retrieving activation information, and showing a detail log of all the activity and communications with the Sage Pass server.
- The executable for the application is SageReg.exe and the file resides in the Program Path directory.
- Always run the application as an administrator when UAC is enabled on the workstation.
Running the Sage 50 Remote Activation Application
Prior to running this application, always make sure the computer contains the company data. Always run this application on the computer that holds the Sage 50 data (server computer).
1. Double click on the SageReg.exe, file located in the Program Path.
2. The Sage 50 Remote Application main window will launch.
Retrieving a new Pervasive key (Sage 50 Activation tab)
1. On the Sage 50 Activation tab, select the Activate button to retrieve a new Pervasive key. During this
process, there is communication with the Sage Pass server when there is a need for a new Pervasive
key. Sage Pass will return a new Pervasive key and the activation files (entitlements.xml and
2. A warning message will appear with a successful activation. In order to complete activation process, open
3. There is a log created during this process on the Sage 50 Activation tab. This logging will display some of
the exceptions returned by Sage Pass and Atlas.
4. The last step to complete the activation process is to start Sage 50 on the computer that stores the
company data. Sage 50 will complete the activation automatically.
5. The process is complete; select the OK button on the Activation Complete window.